ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ARR’S RAFTING TRIPS
Each participant must:
- Be 8 years or older for a motorized trip or 12 years or older for an oar-powered trip and accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18.
- Be able to properly wear provided coast-guard approved personal flotation device.
- Remain seated and balanced on raft, with the assistance of hand-held straps, through rapids.
- Board and exit the raft independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- If on an Partial Canyon trip, be able to hike or otherwise ascend/descend 10 miles on the Bright Angel Trail with a personal backpack containing all personal gear and all food and water for the hike and be able to properly maintain personal health and hydration levels.
- Be able to assist in self rescue in the event of a capsized raft or being thrown from the raft.
- Be able to comprehend and follow instructions.